Safe Water Network India is seeking a senior professional as the Fundraising and Partnership Manager to lead fundraising efforts in India.
Safe Water Network India is a not-for-profit Trust, registered in 2009, committed to bringing scalable, financially sustainable solutions that provide clean, affordable drinking water to the quality-affected habitations in India.
Safe Water Network India is an independent, locally registered NGO operating in association with Safe Water Network, a global NGO based in New York, USA and core funder of the Trust. The Trust has a staff of 16 experienced professionals.
This senior level position will lead Safe Water Network India’s Fundraising department, and rounds out a team of top-level professionals with deep domain expertise. The Manager will be a member of the Safe Water Network India leadership team which provides overall strategic direction for the organization.
For more information, please visit our website, www.safewaternetworkindia.org.
This position is pivotal to the success of Safe Water Network India’s next stage of development. The manager will focus on two core areas of fundraising in support of the national program: 1) field expansions of additional water systems and initiatives to optimize them, and 2) related efforts to assess effectiveness; and document and disseminate lessons from implementation. The Manager will have overall responsibility to drive and deliver on the development efforts in India to build a solid foundation of donors and partners to realize our organizational objectives. This position’s focus will be to shape, organize and realize funding for all initiatives.
The Fundraising and Partnerships Manager will work in collaboration across departments both in India and globally. She or he will spend time in the field with our operational/field personnel in Telangana, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra, and other prospective expansion States.
The Fundraising and Partnerships Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the organization’s fundraising effort to secure the necessary resources to achieve its goals. This includes (but is not limited to) updating and executing the fundraising plan for India, articulating fundraising opportunities (e.g., developing cases for support for all organizational initiatives), and building the capacity of the organization to be a team of fundraisers. Regular salesforce reporting is an essential part of the tracking and reporting.
- Develop, maintain and expand relationships with current and potential funders. This includes (but is not limited to) building a pipeline of funding prospects; engaging with corporations, bi, and multi-lateral organizations, public sector undertakings, and government agencies; drafting proposals; drafting progress reports; and managing donor and Board member visits.
- Heighten visibility of organization through participation and presentations at sector events and organizing the annual Beyond the Pipe forum to position Safe Water Network India as a sector leader and for attracting additional funding.
- Seek inputs and support from all internal resources as required and formulate and manage an Advisory Board;
The Fundraising and Partnerships Manager will have the following attributes:
- 15 years of total experience in private / development sector with a minimum of five years of hands-on experience in fundraising and business development, in multilateral / bilateral / or consulting environment. Experience with product service delivery in water, health, education or related sectors is highly desirable.
- A masters’ degree in business, public health, international development, communications, or other relevant discipline from a reputed university
- Demonstrated success in fundraising, including writing narratives and developing budgets
- Exceptional writing, communications and critical thinking skills
- Fluency in English and Hindi
Location and Reporting
The Fundraising and Partnerships Manager position is located in the New Delhi office. It reports directly to the Managing Trustee. Additionally, two Associates report to the position. They are responsible for supporting the Manager in delivering on the fundraising objectives. Additionally, Safe Water Network India’s Finance team will support the Manager in drafting proposal budgets and expenditure reports.
Safe Water Network is a core donor of Safe Water Network India and coordinated fundraising across offices is critical for success. It is imperative for the incumbent to liaise and collaborate closely with the Vice President – Strategic Partnerships, who leads Safe Water Network’s fundraising efforts. Compensation will be commensurate with the experience and profile of the candidate and industry norms.
The position requires up to 30% travel in India and occasional travel abroad.
Safe Water Network India is hiring immediately and will accept applications until an appropriate candidate is identified. Due to a large number of responses, Safe Water Network India will not be able to acknowledge the receipt of all applications. No phone calls please. Qualified applicants will be contacted by email or phone. To apply, please send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements and date of availability, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed.