Safe Water Network appreciates your interest in and support of our work. We respect your privacy and will only collect information with your knowledge and permission. Any personal information that you choose to provide when signing up for our e-newsletters or making a donation online or offline (e.g. name, business affiliations, address, telephone number(s), email address, and comments/questions) will not be sold, shared, or transmitted to any third party. Instead, it will be used to send you e-newsletters, time-sensitive communications, and to respond to any questions or comments you may have.
Whether or not you choose to opt-in to join our mailing list, you can always browse our site without revealing any personal information. However, we reserve the right to gather standard server log data, which would include your IP (Internet Protocol) address, domain name, browser type, operating system, the referring web site, the files downloaded, the pages visited, and the dates/times of those visits.
In accordance with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), users must be 13 years or older to browse Safe Water Network’s site. By registering for our e-newsletter or making a donation, users represent and warrant that they are 13 or older.
SafeWaterNetwork.com may provide links to other websites. We do not support or endorse these sites and are not responsible for any of their content or images. We recommend users read the privacy statements on all websites as policies differ.
PROTECTION OF INDIVIDUAL DATA
Safe Water Network collects data, which relates directly to identifiable individuals. In order to protect these individuals we have adopted protocols from the United Nations Data Privacy, Ethics and Protection Guidance Note.
Based on the guidance of the UN, individual data will be collected, stored, and utilized with the following principles.
- Individuals who provide data must be notified what the data is used for (see Processing Data Internally)
- Individuals must be informed that their data will be stored in perpetuity unless they choose to withdraw their data. They can do this at any time by contacting the entrepreneur or operator at their station who must notify the FSC/FSE officer. The officer will notify the M&E Manager to remove this data from SWN’s system
- Data collection efforts implement data minimization so that only data necessary to carry out the intended purpose is collected
- Data should be collected for an explicit purpose, which is made known to individuals
- Personalized data is pseudonymized to protect the privacy and safety of users
- Data will be stored on secured servers and will be retained only for as long as needed to fulfil requirements, including any relating to legal, accounting, or reporting requirements
- Data must be kept up to date to ensure accuracy
- Beyond its explicit purpose, data can be processed for purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research, and statistical purposes
- All SWN offices may share personal disaggregated data with third parties if required to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or to protect the rights, property or safety of SWN, its users, and others
- All data from shall be used ONLY for the consumption of the internal stakeholders; an alignment with office of the respective Country shall be required in writing before making a decision to share any data with external stakeholders.
- Where personal data is permissible for sharing with third parties, SWN will seek to share the minimum amount necessary
- Due diligence must be performed on third party collaborators and they must sign an NDA to receive individual data.
PROCESSING DATA INTERNALLY
SWN uses data to further operational missions in programs, analytics & insights, and demonstration at scale. Usage includes, but is not limited to:
- Reporting purposes, such as financial, operational, and social impact
- Analytics to improve performance, our service delivery, and inform policy
- Establish and maintain website
- Establish and maintain social media accounts
- To provide customer support
- To monitor station performance
- To detect, prevent, and address issues at the stations
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We prioritize meeting four criteria before data is shared with any external parties:
- End-user privacy, security, and retaining ownership
- Honoring all contractual commitments to vendors
- High quality, reliable data
- Furthering organizational mission by sharing the data
Safe Water Network
122 East 42nd Street
NY, NY 10168